MY 3 SONS!


Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Up, Up and AWAY!!







I am honestly excited about this coming Friday. Joshua and Dad will be hopping on a plane for a quick weekend visit to family in Winnipeg. As some of you may be aware, my grandmother Gamble passed away on October 1st. She lived to an impressive 87 years, but had been in pretty rough shape the last 3 or 4 months and had to be put into a full-time care facility. I know she is in a much happier state now without any physical concerns.

My Grandma was an incredible roller skater in her day. (To the point where she was thrown up high in the air by Grandpa and entered many competitions). Roller skating was big in the 40's and 50's......if it were as big as that today, you'd see many sports channels covering the competitions. Anyway, she was amazing and I have photos and VINTAGE film to prove it. (In mom's possession I am sure for a soon-to-be-released DVD presentation).
While sad to see her go, it was also a relief for Grandpa who will remain as active as ever taking Tammy (dog) for walks and visiting friends down at the roller rink. So, the reason for Josh and I travelling is to have a small, family-oriented get-together to rejoice and reminice. (Grandma would balk at even THAT much attention)?! I am so glad that she saw her great grandsons in December while still relatively healthy.

I am excited for Joshua's first ever airplane ride. (Connolly went in June for Grandpa G's birthday surprise, and Keegan won't likely get to go on his own before they ALL go in December on our trip to Mexico). I hope he takes it in stride as did his brother. Although it stinks leaving wife and other boys home, it is a great bonding week-end for Josh and me. They are all so cool and unique and deserve their own attention and spotlight now & then!

When we get back, we will be shopping for their first SNOW SUITS! Should be fun. Hope everyone's week is going well. Later...........

PS - In case you were wondering Mr. Reid.........the camper trailer is winterized and parked for the season......

Posted by Steve :: 12:54 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------